This super moist, perfectly spiced, delicious and nutritious cake is guaranteed to be your go-to dessert for any occasion. The divine tasting Hemp Whipped Cream Frosting takes this Carrot Cake to heavenly new heights.
2¼ cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
4 tbsp Planet Hemp Superfood Hemp Hearts
2 tbsp Planet Hemp Superfood Vanilla Chai Smoothie Mix
½ cup apple sauce
1 cup Homemade Hemp Milk (or milk of your choice)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup coconut sugar sugar
½ cup melted coconut oil
2 cups grated carrots, medium-packed
Hemp Whipped Cream Frosting
Meat of 1 baby coconut
1 cup coconut water
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup Planet Hemp Superfoods Hemp Hearts
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, milk, vanilla, sugar and oil.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
5. Fold in the carrots and stir until just combined.
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cake cool completely before frosting.
Hemp Whipped Cream Frosting: combine all frosting ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until very smooth for 1 to 2 minutes or more, scraping down the sides occasionally. Chill for at least an hour.